American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
This page provides information on the allocation of ARRA funds for Job Corps projects.
The Job Corps ARRA e-Report Web site (http://arrareport.jobcorps.gov) provides a detailed allocation of ARRA funds used for Job Corps projects and the resulting effects on Job Corps centers, staff members, students, and local small business owners and economies nationwide.
ARRA Awards by State
In the map above, roll over the states to see the ARRA awards by state and Job Corps center (JCC).
The data of the above map is also available as a PDF file (86 kb).
Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Center Builds New Dorm for Single Parents
Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Center is helping single parents juggle caring for their children and training for a career by turning a building on campus into a single-parent dorm. The dorm, located above a day care center, will allow many students at Job Corps to train for their careers while staying close to their children.
The center completed construction on two additional floors above a Head Start Day Care facility that will house 18 single parents and their children. Each family will have its own bedroom and bathroom and can enjoy common lounge areas on each floor.
"The solo-parent dorm is a great addition to our campus," said David MacKenzie, center director. Many single parents do not complete their education or training, so we hope this new dorm will make it easier for students to care for their children and prepare for their futures simultaneously."
The renovation project began in 2004 with the opening of a Head Start Day Care facility where Job Corps students can leave their children during the day. The child-care center was a big help, but single parents still struggled with the daily commute.
The new dorm, funded by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act, has been designed using green construction techniques, including energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, motion-detector lighting, and Energy Star washers and dryers.
Job Corps R&R Field Reports
- Volume 25 - issued February 17, 2012 (239 kb PDF file)
- Volume 24 - issued May 19, 2011 (253 kb PDF file)
- Volume 23 - issued March 11, 2011 (186 kb PDF file)
- Volume 22 - issued February 7, 2011 (171 kb PDF file)
- Volume 21 - issued December 21, 2010 (270 kb PDF file)
- Volume 20 - issued November 22, 2010 (155 kb PDF file)
- Volume 19 - issued October 28, 2010 (148 kb PDF file)
- Volume 18 - issued October 5, 2010 (152 kb PDF file)
- Volume 17 - issued September 9, 2010 (131 kb PDF file)
- Volume 16 - issued August 19, 2010 (120 kb PDF file)
- Volume 15 - issued August 3, 2010 (554 kb PDF file)
- Volume 14 - issued July 8, 2010 (147 kb PDF file)
- Volume 13 - issued June 16, 2010 (108 kb PDF file)
- Volume 12 - issued May 24, 2010 (179 kb PDF file)
- Volume 11 - issued April 27, 2010 (128 kb PDF file)
- Volume 10 - issued April 17, 2010 (118 kb PDF file)
- Volume 9 - issued March 29, 2010 (134 kb PDF file)
- Volume 8 - issued March 12, 2010 (150 kb PDF file)
- Volume 7 - issued March 1, 2010 (124 kb PDF file)
- Volume 6 - issued February 9, 2010 (112 kb PDF file)
- Volume 5 - issued January 27, 2010 (105 kb PDF file)
- Volume 4 - issued January 7, 2010 (118 kb PDF file)
- Volume 3 - issued December 17, 2009 (93 kb PDF file)
- Volume 2 - issued December 3, 2009 (96 kb PDF file)
- Volume 1 - issued November 19, 2009 (86 kb PDF file)
Additional Job Corps/ARRA Information
For ARRA-related information regarding the U.S. Department of Labor (Job Corps' parent agency), please visit www.dol.gov/recovery/. For ARRA-related information regarding the Employment and Training Administration, please visit www.doleta.gov/Recovery/eta_default.cfm. For information for all federal government agencies and other recipients of ARRA funds, please visit www.recovery.gov.
Note: The above PDF file(s) open in a new window and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may go to Adobe's website to download it.
Return to top of page
Page last updated:
Wednesday, September 21, 2016